I’m finally at a point where I feel comfortable that I will be continuing the print magazine at the very least long enough to honor a 4-issue (a year, as BULL SPEC is quarterly) subscription. I didn’t want to open the doors taking subscriptions, but as Issue #2 is well underway, stories, reviews, and interviews starting to fill out Issue #3, and even a couple things already booked for Issue #4, I went ahead and flipped the switch. In keeping with the “pay what you like” theme for everything I do, subscriptions start at the projected $15 printing cost for the four issues. What are you waiting for? SUBSCRIBE NOW!
May 7 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Barnes & Noble Streets at South Point (8030 Renaissance Parkway, Durham) hosts Jay Posey for a signing of his new military science fiction novel Outriders. "Captain Lincoln Suh died on a Wednesday. And things only got harder from there. Snatched out of special operations and thrown headfirst into a secretive new unit, Lincoln finds himself as the team leader for the 519thApplied Intelligence Group, better known as the Outriders."
May 21 (Saturday) 7 pm — Event Horizon Games (1496 Garner Station Blvd, Raleigh) hosts Gabriel Dunston for the book launch party of his graphic novel Purgator Pub Book 2. "Opens with multi-instrumentalist James Olin Odin. Then presentation by yours truly. Then FREE CAKE!"
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Runtime by S.B. Divya
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews A Whisper of Southern Lights by Tim Lebbon
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Hardest Part, April 2016: Clarke Award shortlist, Nick Wood, Jenni Fagan, Ali Shaw, and Jurassic London’s Extinction Event
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Their Favorite Anthologies and Short Story Collections from 2015
- May Newsletter: Jay Posey’s Outriders, Free Comic Book Day, Gabriel Dunston’s Purgatory Pub, Animazement, Manly Wade Wellman Award nominations deadline, and more