Of C. S. Fuqua’s “Rise Up” he writes “This was a very good story and reminded me a bit of Manly Wade Wellman’s Silver John stories. I can think of no better praise than that.” Of Peter Wood’s “Almost a Good Day to Go Outside” he writes, “Wood shows some talent here and I hope he continues to hone his craft.” And he describes Natania Barron’s “Doctor Adderson’s Lens” as “[A]nother well-told story.”
June 2 (Thursday) 7 pm — Flyleaf Books hosts Grady Hendrix for My Best Friend's Exorcism, "a heartwarming story of friendship and demonic possession" set in 1988.
June 11 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Cary Commons Barnes & Noble hosts Rysa Walker for her "Timebound" series, as part of the B&N Teen BookFest.
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- Friday Quick Updates: Animazement this weekend, Grady Hendrix next week, ConCarolinas next weekend, and tons of new events including “Harry Potter” midnight launch party info
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Runtime by S.B. Divya
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews A Whisper of Southern Lights by Tim Lebbon
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Hardest Part, April 2016: Clarke Award shortlist, Nick Wood, Jenni Fagan, Ali Shaw, and Jurassic London’s Extinction Event
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Their Favorite Anthologies and Short Story Collections from 2015