OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Monthly Archives: June 2010
It’s looking like July 6th at the earliest for the issue to be in my hands, but that’s no reason to keep folks from reserving their copy. So, after a heck of a lot of hard work, and thanks to … Continue reading
OK. The fun has apparently started, as I’ve started receiving some review copies at the Bull Spec PO Box. I’ve been pinging reviewers and so far having pretty good luck at finding homes for them, but please, publishers and authors: … Continue reading