OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
SUPPORT BULL SPEC
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Monthly Archives: September 2010
Well, it’s not nearly a podcast, but at least (after 8 months…) the first two interview videos are up on YouTube. Each had to be split into 3 parts to fit the “max 15 minute clips” format there, but, hey, … Continue reading
I’m quite late to the festival which is/was Matthew Cheney’s Third Bear Carnival. But to make up for this tardiness, I have 3 copies of Jeff VanderMeer’s recent collection The Third Bear which need a good home: The Third Bear … Continue reading
Hey all; while I haven’t even put together issue #3’s yet, I have something already burning its way out of my mind and into draft for issue #4: the important SF/F books of 2010. There’s still a few months left, … Continue reading
First, a “fall” flyer is here, which stretches from mid-September through November. Contents are basically: GUIDE TO LOCAL EVENTSFALL 2010 SEPTEMBER12 McIntyre’s Books hosts Warren Rochelle for a reading and signing of his new novel The Called21 Duke University hosts William … Continue reading