October 13 (Thursday) 6 pm -- Chapel Hill Comics hosts Box Brown for his new graphic novel TETRIS. "Box Brown (Andre the Giant) will be in the shop to talk about his new graphic novel TETRIS! It's a history of the game we all know and love. Rob Clough will also be on hand to lead the conversation portion of the evening. We will also have an arcade version of the game on hand courtesy of the Baxter Bar & Arcade. They will also be hosting an afterparty at 8:00!"
October 14 (Friday) 7 pm — Quail Ridge Books hosts Marie Lu for The Midnight Star concluding her Young Elites series. (Teen.)
October 18 (Tuesday) 7 pm -- Flyleaf Books hosts Jonathan Lethem discusses his new novel, A Gambler's Anatomy. "The author of Motherless Brooklyn and The Fortress of Solitude returns with a devilishly entertaining novel about an international backgammon hustler who thinks he's psychic. Too bad about the pesky brain tumor."
SUPPORT BULL SPEC
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, September 2016: Christopher Priest’s The Gradual, Alastair Reynolds’ Revenger, Jonathan L. Howard, P.S. Publishing, and more
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, August 2016: The Arthur C. Clarke Awards, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Nalini Singh, Martin MacInnes, Gaie Sebold, Jeff Noon, and more
- September Newsletter: Sabaa Tahir and Renée Ahdieh, The Bookmarks Festival, Colson Whitehead, W. Scott Poole, and (in October) Marie Lu and Jonathan Lethem
- Coming to Town: W. Scott Poole for In the Mountains of Madness: The Life, Death, and Extraordinary Afterlife of H.P. Lovecraft, at Malaprop’s Bookstore and Scuppernong Books, reviewed by Nick Mamatas
- Statement on suspending The Exploding Spaceship column
Monthly Archives: November 2010
If you’ve got somebody on your list who loves genre fiction, there’s been a locally written book published either this year or late last year which is perfect for them. While gift certificates are great (Check IndieBound for bookstores near … Continue reading
Whew. December is nearly upon us. After you recover from the weekend’s turkey-coma, wake up! December is getting off to a good start: Now: The November/December issue of the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction (F&SF) includes the short story … Continue reading
It’s been way too long since I last talked acceptances, so: Raleigh’s Dale Mettam, “We Don’t Do Quests”. Humorous fantasy. 3000 words. Amber Sistla, “Fadeout”. Near future science fiction. 2500 words. Charlottesville, VA’s Don Norum. “A Mathematician’s Apology”. Science fiction. … Continue reading
Durham Magazine’s Matt Dees blogs about Bull Spec, the issue #3 launch party at Flyleaf Books this Saturday afternoon, and next Thursday’s NC Speculative Fiction Night and says: “Pick up a copy if you want to be on the cutting edge … Continue reading
Less than a week to the issue #3 launch party! A video walkthrough! And some reviews of #3 are coming in.
Hey there! It’s less than a week to the issue #3 launch party at Chapel Hill’s Flyleaf Books. It’s a great lineup, with: Pittsboro science fiction and fantasy author David Drake, who is planning to read from next year’s Out of the … Continue reading