February 4 and 5 (Thursday and Friday) 7 pm -- Flyleaf Books (Thursday) and Quail Ridge Books (Friday) hosts Lawrence M. Schoen for his new science fiction novel Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard.
April 16 (Saturday) 10 am to 6 pm -- Oak City Comicon at the Raleigh Convention Center with Howard Chakin (Star Wars and dozens more), Tommy Lee Edwards, Rico Renzi (Spider-Gwen, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl), and more.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- February Newsletter: Lawrence M. Schoen, Nevermore Film Festival, Playthrough Gaming Convention, Manly Wade Wellman Award nominations, new books, news, and more
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, January 2016: Frances Hardinge, Tricia Sullivan, Michael Cobley, Gavin Smith, and Stephen Palmer
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Lustlocked by Matt Wallace
- The Hardest Part: Lawrence M. Schoen on Barsk: The Elephants’ Graveyard
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Patchwerk by David Tallerman
Monthly Archives: November 2010
If you’ve got somebody on your list who loves genre fiction, there’s been a locally written book published either this year or late last year which is perfect for them. While gift certificates are great (Check IndieBound for bookstores near … Continue reading
Whew. December is nearly upon us. After you recover from the weekend’s turkey-coma, wake up! December is getting off to a good start: Now: The November/December issue of the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction (F&SF) includes the short story … Continue reading
It’s been way too long since I last talked acceptances, so: Raleigh’s Dale Mettam, “We Don’t Do Quests”. Humorous fantasy. 3000 words. Amber Sistla, “Fadeout”. Near future science fiction. 2500 words. Charlottesville, VA’s Don Norum. “A Mathematician’s Apology”. Science fiction. … Continue reading
Durham Magazine’s Matt Dees blogs about Bull Spec, the issue #3 launch party at Flyleaf Books this Saturday afternoon, and next Thursday’s NC Speculative Fiction Night and says: “Pick up a copy if you want to be on the cutting edge … Continue reading
Less than a week to the issue #3 launch party! A video walkthrough! And some reviews of #3 are coming in.
Hey there! It’s less than a week to the issue #3 launch party at Chapel Hill’s Flyleaf Books. It’s a great lineup, with: Pittsboro science fiction and fantasy author David Drake, who is planning to read from next year’s Out of the … Continue reading