I missed far too many “Happenings” in issue 3:
- Erik Bundy, who was part of the 2010 Odyssey Writing Workshop class, had a story in September’s Aiofe’s Kiss, and another in October’s Bards & Sages
- Richard Dansky had an article “Bring on the Bad Guy” in The Escapist
- Monica Byrne had a story “Five Letters From New Laverne” in Shimmer #12 and another story “Nine Bodies of Water” in Fantasy Magazine, and performed in the play “Redghost” (an original adaptation from a Japanese ghost story) put on by Little Green Pig
- Rich Matrunick’s story “Full Circle” was published in Every Day Fiction on September 12th
- Volume 1 of The Raleigh Review was published with editors (among others) Will Badger and Eric Gregory
And that’s really the tip of the iceberg. There were events I didn’t know about, entire reading series I neglected, on and on.
This is where you come in.
If you, dear reader in the greater Raleigh-Durham and surrounding region, had a story published, or a book sold, or an article picked up — let me know, at happenings at bullspec dot com. If you have a story or book upcoming as far ahead as March, let me know. If you’re having an event, or book discussion, let me know. If you think “Hey, I know of this event or book coming up, and that my friend Steve has a story coming out in F&SF, but I’m sure Sam will hear about it some other way.” You guessed it: please, let me know!
One Response to Call for happenings, October-March.