May 7 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Barnes & Noble Streets at South Point (8030 Renaissance Parkway, Durham) hosts Jay Posey for a signing of his new military science fiction novel Outriders. "Captain Lincoln Suh died on a Wednesday. And things only got harder from there. Snatched out of special operations and thrown headfirst into a secretive new unit, Lincoln finds himself as the team leader for the 519thApplied Intelligence Group, better known as the Outriders."
May 21 (Saturday) 7 pm — Event Horizon Games (1496 Garner Station Blvd, Raleigh) hosts Gabriel Dunston for the book launch party of his graphic novel Purgator Pub Book 2. "Opens with multi-instrumentalist James Olin Odin. Then presentation by yours truly. Then FREE CAKE!"
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Runtime by S.B. Divya
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews A Whisper of Southern Lights by Tim Lebbon
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Hardest Part, April 2016: Clarke Award shortlist, Nick Wood, Jenni Fagan, Ali Shaw, and Jurassic London’s Extinction Event
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Their Favorite Anthologies and Short Story Collections from 2015
- May Newsletter: Jay Posey’s Outriders, Free Comic Book Day, Gabriel Dunston’s Purgatory Pub, Animazement, Manly Wade Wellman Award nominations deadline, and more
Monthly Archives: February 2011
But first, a quick recap of some things I missed along the way. December 6 Mur Lafferty and Mary Robinette Kowal among the guest narrators for Cory Doctorow’s With a Little Help15 Natania Barron’s story “Without a Light” is published … Continue reading
In his LiveJournal The Elephant Forgets, Rich Horton summarizes the first year of Bull Spec and gives a statistical roundup along a pair of axes (author gender and story genre). In particular he notes Lavie Tidhar‘s “The Story of Listener and Yu-En” (issue … Continue reading