February 4 and 5 (Thursday and Friday) 7 pm -- Flyleaf Books (Thursday) and Quail Ridge Books (Friday) hosts Lawrence M. Schoen for his new science fiction novel Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard.
April 16 (Saturday) 10 am to 6 pm -- Oak City Comicon at the Raleigh Convention Center with Howard Chakin (Star Wars and dozens more), Tommy Lee Edwards, Rico Renzi (Spider-Gwen, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl), and more.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- February Newsletter: Lawrence M. Schoen, Nevermore Film Festival, Playthrough Gaming Convention, Manly Wade Wellman Award nominations, new books, news, and more
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, January 2016: Frances Hardinge, Tricia Sullivan, Michael Cobley, Gavin Smith, and Stephen Palmer
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Lustlocked by Matt Wallace
- The Hardest Part: Lawrence M. Schoen on Barsk: The Elephants’ Graveyard
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Patchwerk by David Tallerman
Monthly Archives: March 2011
I’m not the only one who has been amused by John Scalzi’s blurb for Sam Sykes just released book BLACK HALO. The blurb reads: “I do not wish Sam Sykes Dead.” High praise, indeed! Still, it leaves me wanting more. … Continue reading
(Sam’s note: Issue 4 grew from 64 to 68 pages, and still I couldn’t get everything in. Some things moved onto the upcoming issue 5, but some things were of a more time-sensitive nature and were left, more or less, … Continue reading
To draw attention to the Durham Literacy Center, Bull Spec maintained a typewriter (an old, cantankerous, weighty old Underwood) in the hallway at StellarCon and invited people to type on it, to feel the power of writing and think about … Continue reading