October 13 (Thursday) 6 pm -- Chapel Hill Comics hosts Box Brown for his new graphic novel TETRIS. "Box Brown (Andre the Giant) will be in the shop to talk about his new graphic novel TETRIS! It's a history of the game we all know and love. Rob Clough will also be on hand to lead the conversation portion of the evening. We will also have an arcade version of the game on hand courtesy of the Baxter Bar & Arcade. They will also be hosting an afterparty at 8:00!"
October 14 (Friday) 7 pm — Quail Ridge Books hosts Marie Lu for The Midnight Star concluding her Young Elites series. (Teen.)
October 18 (Tuesday) 7 pm -- Flyleaf Books hosts Jonathan Lethem discusses his new novel, A Gambler's Anatomy. "The author of Motherless Brooklyn and The Fortress of Solitude returns with a devilishly entertaining novel about an international backgammon hustler who thinks he's psychic. Too bad about the pesky brain tumor."
SUPPORT BULL SPEC
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, September 2016: Christopher Priest’s The Gradual, Alastair Reynolds’ Revenger, Jonathan L. Howard, P.S. Publishing, and more
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, August 2016: The Arthur C. Clarke Awards, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Nalini Singh, Martin MacInnes, Gaie Sebold, Jeff Noon, and more
- September Newsletter: Sabaa Tahir and Renée Ahdieh, The Bookmarks Festival, Colson Whitehead, W. Scott Poole, and (in October) Marie Lu and Jonathan Lethem
- Coming to Town: W. Scott Poole for In the Mountains of Madness: The Life, Death, and Extraordinary Afterlife of H.P. Lovecraft, at Malaprop’s Bookstore and Scuppernong Books, reviewed by Nick Mamatas
- Statement on suspending The Exploding Spaceship column
Monthly Archives: June 2011
“Cabinet” and “Steampunk” (and The Magician King!) are getting some good press! Are you excited yet?
But before I get on with that, a brief announcement: in the hour preceding the 7 pm Cabinet of Curiosities Literary Extravaganza event on Saturday July 30 at Durham’s Fullsteam Brewery (whew!) the brewery will play host to the Davenport … Continue reading
The Triangle’s “Summer of Steampunk” kicks off today with the Beaver Queen “Streampunk” pageant in Durham (http://www.thedurhamnews.com/2011/05/29/206956/wholl-be-beaver-queen.html). More stuff? New! Saturday, June 11th, The Decemberists are playing a concert at the Raleigh Amphitheatre (http://decemberists.com/show_notes/the-decemberists-in-raleigh-nc-on-june-11-2011/). Yeah, not technically Steampunk but birds … Continue reading