OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Monthly Archives: June 2011
“Cabinet” and “Steampunk” (and The Magician King!) are getting some good press! Are you excited yet?
But before I get on with that, a brief announcement: in the hour preceding the 7 pm Cabinet of Curiosities Literary Extravaganza event on Saturday July 30 at Durham’s Fullsteam Brewery (whew!) the brewery will play host to the Davenport … Continue reading
The Triangle’s “Summer of Steampunk” kicks off today with the Beaver Queen “Streampunk” pageant in Durham (http://www.thedurhamnews.com/2011/05/29/206956/wholl-be-beaver-queen.html). More stuff? New! Saturday, June 11th, The Decemberists are playing a concert at the Raleigh Amphitheatre (http://decemberists.com/show_notes/the-decemberists-in-raleigh-nc-on-june-11-2011/). Yeah, not technically Steampunk but birds … Continue reading