OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Monthly Archives: August 2012
DURHAM, NC: August 31, 2012 WHAT: Bull Spec, a Durham-based speculative fiction magazine established in 2009, is pleased to announce its second Teen Writing contest, to be judged by Sharyn November, Viking Children’s Books Senior Editor and Editorial Director of … Continue reading
While I’m soon to pull the trigger on the full September newsletter, here’s the handout flyer of highlights for September and early October. It’s a busy month ahead! Update: Corrected an inaccurate listing. Andy Duncan’s reading at NCSU is on … Continue reading
Since the August newsletter was mailed out a few weeks ago, and even since last week’s round of quick updates, the news and events have been piling up. While it’s not quite time to send out the September newsletter yet, … Continue reading
Beginning September 14 in Columbia, SC and making its way through North and South Carolina, Eastern Tennessee, and ending up in Savannah, GA on September 22, The Unchained Tour is bringing Neil Gaiman and a crew of Moth-veteran raconteurs to the Carolinas … Continue reading
Couldn’t make it out to Flyleaf for the Michael J. Sullivan and T.C. McCarthy reading? I’m absolutely stoked to remind folks that Calvin Powers captured the readings on video for all to see. Thank you so much, Calvin! And thanks … Continue reading