OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Blood Trade (Roc, April 2, 2013) is the newest novel by Faith Hunter. It is the sixth novel featuring skinwalker Jane Yellowrock. In this volume Jane and her work companions, the Younger brothers, return to Natchez, Mississippi. There is a … Continue reading
I’m always keeping tabs on the authors and poets and critics and artists I’ve been lucky enough to have published along the way so far, so here’s four bits of Bull Spec “Alumni” news: C.S. Fuqua (“Rise Up”, Bull Spec … Continue reading
I’m sneaking the “Friday Quick Updates” in a day early to get the word out about a fascinating-looking symposium at Duke University which starts today, “Community & Emergent Order in non-state spaces”, which features some interesting persons (Kim Stanley Robinson, … Continue reading
Review of The Heretic by Tony Daniel and David Drake The Heretic (Baen, April 2, 2013) is the newest volume in the General series. In previous volumes, Raj Whitehall had been selected by the sentient battle computer Center to be … Continue reading