June 9 (Thursday) 7 pm — Celebrate the publication of MIDNIGHT BOWLING with "reading, beers, and open lanes" at Village Lanes (330 N Hardee St, Durham) -- Midnight Bowling is Carolina Wren Press' 2016 release, "set against the backdrop of the Galaxy Bowling Lanes in Sandusky, Ohio, in the 1970s and '80s– a time when working-class America, and its favorite sport, was rolling into decline."
June 11 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Cary Commons Barnes & Noble hosts Rysa Walker for her "Timebound" series, as part of the B&N Teen BookFest; other local B&N stores are hosting additional local authors, so check your local B&N event listings!
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Steeplejack, Return of Souls, Spells of Blood and Kin, and Pride’s Spell
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, May 2016: Baxter and Reynolds, Asher, MacLeod, McAuley, Rajaniemi, Cornell, Gaiman, and more
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Spear of Light, Infomocracy, and Like a Boss
- Friday Quick Updates: Animazement this weekend, Grady Hendrix next week, ConCarolinas next weekend, and tons of new events including “Harry Potter” midnight launch party info
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Runtime by S.B. Divya
Category Archives: hugo-2011
In part one, I ran down the stories and writers published in Bull Spec this year which are therefore eligible for the appropriate Hugo (and Nebula!) award categories. In part three, I’ll take a look at the wider world of stories … Continue reading
The nomination period for the 2011 Hugo Awards is open. Folks who either were members (attending or supporting) of Aussiecon last year, or who are members (attending or supporting, and there’s still plenty of time to sign up for either!) … Continue reading