May 7 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Barnes & Noble Streets at South Point (8030 Renaissance Parkway, Durham) hosts Jay Posey for a signing of his new military science fiction novel Outriders. "Captain Lincoln Suh died on a Wednesday. And things only got harder from there. Snatched out of special operations and thrown headfirst into a secretive new unit, Lincoln finds himself as the team leader for the 519thApplied Intelligence Group, better known as the Outriders."
May 21 (Saturday) 7 pm — Event Horizon Games (1496 Garner Station Blvd, Raleigh) hosts Gabriel Dunston for the book launch party of his graphic novel Purgator Pub Book 2. "Opens with multi-instrumentalist James Olin Odin. Then presentation by yours truly. Then FREE CAKE!"
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Tuesday Release Things!
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Black City Saint by Richard A Knaak and Chaos Choreography by Seanan McGuire
- The Exploding Spaceship Visits Norwescon 39 in SeaTac, Washington!
- Friday Quick Updates: a packed weekend, Felicia Day on Wednesday, news and new events, and more!
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews The Emperor’s Railroad by Guy Haley
Category Archives: hugo-2011
In part one, I ran down the stories and writers published in Bull Spec this year which are therefore eligible for the appropriate Hugo (and Nebula!) award categories. In part three, I’ll take a look at the wider world of stories … Continue reading
The nomination period for the 2011 Hugo Awards is open. Folks who either were members (attending or supporting) of Aussiecon last year, or who are members (attending or supporting, and there’s still plenty of time to sign up for either!) … Continue reading