OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Tag Archives: david b coe
The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Dawnbreaker, His Father’s Eyes, Waterborne Exile, and The End of All Things
Review of Dawnbreaker: Legends of the Duskwalker Book Three by Jay Posey (Angry Robot Books, August 4, 2015) This is the third volume of Cass and Wren’s story. This time they spend much of the story apart, so we have … Continue reading
Review of Paradigms Lost by Ryk E. Spoor (Baen, Nov 15, 2014) This is an urban fantasy set in an alternate 1999-2001. This is a vastly expanded and revised volume which contains the contents of the story entitled “Digital Knight”. … Continue reading
Coming to Town: D.B. Jackson (David B. Coe) at Quail Ridge Books for A Plunder of Souls, interviewed by Margaret S. McGraw
D.B. Jackson (also known to fantasy readers as David B. Coe) is an Award-winning author of fifteen published novels. He’s currently on a book signing tour to promote the newly released A Plunder of Souls, third in the Thieftaker Chronicles, … Continue reading
Review of A Plunder of Souls by D.B. Jackson (Tor hardcover, July 8, 2014) This is the third novel in the Thieftaker Chronicles. We are back in Boston of 1769 where a minor smallpox epidemic has hit; enough people are … Continue reading