OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Tag Archives: kickstarter
Friday Quick Updates, Thursday edition: A weekend of Swanwick ahead, but first: Noir at the Bar, Valerie Nieman, and award and crowdfunding news
Thursday, August 13, 2015: I really should have done this yesterday so as to include the John Scalzi reading at Quail Ridge Books, but if I had, the standing-room-only crowd as pictured by Monica Byrne may well have been out … Continue reading
Saturda, June 13, 2015: Upcoming events, books on sale, new podcasts, a new writing contest, and a crowd-funding roundup await you in this belated Saturday installment of “Friday Quick Updates”. But let’s be quick about it, because there are three … Continue reading
Friday Quick Updates: Julia Elliott tonight, The Caroling Dead opens this weekend, A Browncoat Christmas on Sunday, three readings from Fred Chappell, crowdfunding roundup, and more
Friday, December 5, 2014: Readings, dark holiday comedy, and more await you, oh Triangle-area reader, starting tonight with multiple “Best Books of the Year” listee Julia Elliott at Durhams Regulator Bookshop at 7 pm for her collection The Wilds. If you missed her … Continue reading