OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Tag Archives: robert beatty
Friday, July 15, 2016: It’s going to be a fantastic weekend in High Point, so whether you’re driving or taking the train (it’s less than a block walk from the station to the hotel!), travel safe on your way to ConGregate! But … Continue reading
Coming to Town: Robert Beatty for Serafina and the Black Cloak at Quail Ridge Books and Triangle Reads Moveable Feast
Asheville author Robert Beatty has a problem we might wish on all of our favorite authors: his Disney-Hyperion debut novel Serafina and the Black Cloak is selling more quickly than it can be restocked, even by online behemoths Amazon.com and Barnes & … Continue reading