OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Author Archives: Natania
Thanks to the efforts of new associate fiction editors, a.k.a. “slushreaders”, JM McDermott and Brenda Kalt, under “senior associate fiction editor” Sarah Rogers who has been pushing the boulder up the hill by herself for a good while now, there’s … Continue reading
Well, there’s really no hiding it, or “smoothing” it out this time. Issue #7 is no longer the “Winter 2011-12” issue; it’s the “Spring 2012” issue. I want to offer (again) my apologies to my patient readers, my forgiving advertisers, … Continue reading
Well, it’s time to pack up magazines and the crate that has become the traveling road show for “the year in local sf” and head to illogiCon, this weekend (Friday through Sunday, Jan 13-15) in Raleigh. I don’t have any … Continue reading