June 2 (Thursday) 7 pm — Flyleaf Books hosts Grady Hendrix for My Best Friend's Exorcism, "a heartwarming story of friendship and demonic possession" set in 1988.
June 11 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Cary Commons Barnes & Noble hosts Rysa Walker for her "Timebound" series, as part of the B&N Teen BookFest.
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- Friday Quick Updates: Animazement this weekend, Grady Hendrix next week, ConCarolinas next weekend, and tons of new events including “Harry Potter” midnight launch party info
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Runtime by S.B. Divya
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews A Whisper of Southern Lights by Tim Lebbon
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Hardest Part, April 2016: Clarke Award shortlist, Nick Wood, Jenni Fagan, Ali Shaw, and Jurassic London’s Extinction Event
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Their Favorite Anthologies and Short Story Collections from 2015
Monthly Archives: November 2009
Sneak Peek: “La Arquitectura de la Luna” (the Spanish translation of Joe Meno’s “The Architecture of the Moon”).
I thought you might also enjoy a sneak peek into the progress of the Spanish translation for Joe Meno’s “The Architecture of the Moon.” Also serving as a “Welcome!” to Itzel Leaf, who is handling the Spanish translation for this … Continue reading
Sneak Peek: “L’Architecture de la Lune” (the French translation of Joe Meno’s “The Architecture of the Moon”).
I thought you might enjoy a sneak peek into the progress of the French translation for Joe Meno’s “The Architecture of the Moon.” Also serving as a “Welcome!” to Andrew Matte, who is handling the French translation and narration for … Continue reading
The summer before George was born, Katie and I lived in a house on a high hill. The hill sloped up gently on three sides, covered with thick grass kept short by the wind; but in the back, behind the … Continue reading
To control Branwell they had to subdue him. To subdue him, they chose to burn him. So, on the fifty-third day of the village’s isolation from the world, a day that might have been April 29th of 1846 if the … Continue reading
Wynne shouted Bobby’s name as the guitar case in the backseat bounced against the ceiling, then back down. Time suspended. Undergrowth tore at the car, and a tree slammed into the passenger side. The airbags exploded. BULL SPEC is pleased … Continue reading