June 9 (Thursday) 7 pm — Celebrate the publication of MIDNIGHT BOWLING with "reading, beers, and open lanes" at Village Lanes (330 N Hardee St, Durham) -- Midnight Bowling is Carolina Wren Press' 2016 release, "set against the backdrop of the Galaxy Bowling Lanes in Sandusky, Ohio, in the 1970s and '80s– a time when working-class America, and its favorite sport, was rolling into decline."
June 11 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Cary Commons Barnes & Noble hosts Rysa Walker for her "Timebound" series, as part of the B&N Teen BookFest; other local B&N stores are hosting additional local authors, so check your local B&N event listings!
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- June Newsletter: Manly Wade Wellman Award nominees, new books and events and news, details for Chuck Palahniuk at The Regulator, Thomas Olde Heuvelt’s NC events, and more!
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Steeplejack, Return of Souls, Spells of Blood and Kin, and Pride’s Spell
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, May 2016: Baxter and Reynolds, Asher, MacLeod, McAuley, Rajaniemi, Cornell, Gaiman, and more
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Spear of Light, Infomocracy, and Like a Boss
- Friday Quick Updates: Animazement this weekend, Grady Hendrix next week, ConCarolinas next weekend, and tons of new events including “Harry Potter” midnight launch party info
Tag Archives: illogicon
Introduction and interview by M. David Blake: Christopher J Garcia, who bears the dubious distinction of having delivered the only Hugo Award acceptance to ever subsequently receive its own nomination for a Hugo Award in a different category, is the … Continue reading
NY Times bestselling author Jacqueline Carey is the author of 16 novels, from her 2001 epic fantasy debut Kushiel’s Dart (in the Top 10 of Tor.com’s Best of the Decade poll) to her current urban fantasy series, Agent of Hel, most recently Poison Fruit. … Continue reading
Friday, January 10, 2014: I’m likely the last to post my own illogiCon panel schedule, so let me get that out of the way first: FRIDAY 3 PM — The Things About Thieves — SMITH FRIDAY 4 PM — The … Continue reading
Misty Massey is the author of Mad Kestrel (Tor Books), a rollicking adventure of magic on the high seas which was nominated for the 2010 SCASL Book Award. Misty is one of the featured writers on the MagicalWords.net blog, along … Continue reading
Author, Klingon expert, and certified hypnotist Lawrence M. Schoen is one of the guests of honor at illogiCon this weekend (Jan 10-12) in Raleigh. He holds a Ph.D. in cognitive psychology and psycholinguistics. He spent ten years as a college professor, … Continue reading
Author Laura Anne Gilman joined the illogiCon guest roster a few months back, and now I’m very happy to have her on bullspec.com’s “Coming to Town” series, the first of hopefully a few features on the incoming illogiCon guests and … Continue reading
With registration opening at noon, and opening ceremonies and programming (and the dealer’s room) getting started at 3, illogiCon ii: Schrodington’s Revenge is finally here: There are readings, panels (I’m moderating one on “The Local Scene” at 5 pm) and … Continue reading