June 9 (Thursday) 7 pm — Celebrate the publication of MIDNIGHT BOWLING with "reading, beers, and open lanes" at Village Lanes (330 N Hardee St, Durham) -- Midnight Bowling is Carolina Wren Press' 2016 release, "set against the backdrop of the Galaxy Bowling Lanes in Sandusky, Ohio, in the 1970s and '80s– a time when working-class America, and its favorite sport, was rolling into decline."
June 11 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Cary Commons Barnes & Noble hosts Rysa Walker for her "Timebound" series, as part of the B&N Teen BookFest; other local B&N stores are hosting additional local authors, so check your local B&N event listings!
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- June Newsletter: Manly Wade Wellman Award nominees, new books and events and news, details for Chuck Palahniuk at The Regulator, Thomas Olde Heuvelt’s NC events, and more!
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Steeplejack, Return of Souls, Spells of Blood and Kin, and Pride’s Spell
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, May 2016: Baxter and Reynolds, Asher, MacLeod, McAuley, Rajaniemi, Cornell, Gaiman, and more
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Spear of Light, Infomocracy, and Like a Boss
- Friday Quick Updates: Animazement this weekend, Grady Hendrix next week, ConCarolinas next weekend, and tons of new events including “Harry Potter” midnight launch party info
Tag Archives: richard dansky
Coming to Town: Paul Tremblay for A Head Full of Ghosts at Flyleaf Books, interviewed by Richard Dansky
Interview by Richard Dansky: With A Head Full of Ghosts, Paul Tremblay has catapulted himself into the front rank of American horror authors. Born in Colorado but currently residing in Boston, Tremblay teaches AP Calculus by day and then unleashes … Continue reading
Coming to Town: Lynne Hansen and Jeff Strand for The Nevermore Film Festival, interviewed by Richard Dansky
By Richard Dansky: Lynne Hansen and Jeff Strand are one of horror fiction’s power couples. A perennial host of the Bram Stoker Awards, Jeff blends humor and horror in acclaimed novels like Pressure and his short story collection, Dead Clown … Continue reading
April 23, 2014, Durham, NC: Thanks to a generous last-minute press pass, I had a chance to stop by day one of ECGC – the East Coast Game Conference – this morning at the Raleigh Convention Center. I’ve been to a … Continue reading
Interview by Richard Dansky: Think “Gothic” and you might not immediately think Minnesota, but Wendy Webb is working on changing that perception. Building on a writing career that began as a journalist for a Twin Cities arts & entertainment weekly, … Continue reading
By Richard Dansky: 26 novels (and 1 solo album) into his career, Steven Brust still isn’t afraid to take chances. Visiting Flyleaf Books in Chapel Hill on October 2nd in support of his new novel, The Incrementalists — co-written with … Continue reading
[Editor’s note: this is the first in a new, hopefully-many-more-where-this-came-from series in which authors and other creators “coming to town” for an event answer a few questions for the website. I hope you enjoy! -Sam] By Richard Dansky: Five books … Continue reading