May 7 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Barnes & Noble Streets at South Point (8030 Renaissance Parkway, Durham) hosts Jay Posey for a signing of his new military science fiction novel Outriders. "Captain Lincoln Suh died on a Wednesday. And things only got harder from there. Snatched out of special operations and thrown headfirst into a secretive new unit, Lincoln finds himself as the team leader for the 519thApplied Intelligence Group, better known as the Outriders."
May 21 (Saturday) 7 pm — Event Horizon Games (1496 Garner Station Blvd, Raleigh) hosts Gabriel Dunston for the book launch party of his graphic novel Purgator Pub Book 2. "Opens with multi-instrumentalist James Olin Odin. Then presentation by yours truly. Then FREE CAKE!"
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Runtime by S.B. Divya
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews A Whisper of Southern Lights by Tim Lebbon
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Hardest Part, April 2016: Clarke Award shortlist, Nick Wood, Jenni Fagan, Ali Shaw, and Jurassic London’s Extinction Event
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Their Favorite Anthologies and Short Story Collections from 2015
- May Newsletter: Jay Posey’s Outriders, Free Comic Book Day, Gabriel Dunston’s Purgatory Pub, Animazement, Manly Wade Wellman Award nominations deadline, and more
Category Archives: poetry
Here’s some speculative poetry news, both relating to Bull Spec. First, as Bull Spec poetry editor Dan Campbell notes: Issue 7 of Bull Spec is now for sale! It has poetry by alexa_seidel, Daniel A. Rabuzzi, thunderpigeon, Deborah Walker, Athena Andreadis, Mari Ness, … Continue reading
Rose Lemberg has announced the Table of Contents for The Moment of Change: An Anthology of Feminist Speculative Poetry, and it will include three poems and three poets who appeared (or soon will appear) in Bull Spec! Athena Andreadis’ poem … Continue reading
New speculative poetry review site Versification reviews the poetry in Bull Spec issues 1-6! I’m particularly happy that Versification‘s Erik Amundsen is the reviewer, as I’ve enjoyed his other reviews there. Overall, he provides a solid critique for our work … Continue reading
The Cabinet of Curiosities Literary Extravanganza was fabulous fun last night! Readings and giveaways and beer and signings and books and conversations and beer and very loud rain and Bull Spec and beer and… 🙂 Bull Spec issue 6 is … Continue reading