February 4 and 5 (Thursday and Friday) 7 pm -- Flyleaf Books (Thursday) and Quail Ridge Books (Friday) hosts Lawrence M. Schoen for his new science fiction novel Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard.
April 16 (Saturday) 10 am to 6 pm -- Oak City Comicon at the Raleigh Convention Center with Howard Chakin (Star Wars and dozens more), Tommy Lee Edwards, Rico Renzi (Spider-Gwen, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl), and more.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- February Newsletter: Lawrence M. Schoen, Nevermore Film Festival, Playthrough Gaming Convention, Manly Wade Wellman Award nominations, new books, news, and more
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, January 2016: Frances Hardinge, Tricia Sullivan, Michael Cobley, Gavin Smith, and Stephen Palmer
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Lustlocked by Matt Wallace
- The Hardest Part: Lawrence M. Schoen on Barsk: The Elephants’ Graveyard
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Patchwerk by David Tallerman
Tag Archives: alex granados
This evening (Thursday, Dec 13) at 6 pm the Orange County Main Library in downtown Hillsborough will host the storytelling event of the winter season, “Winter Tales” [Facebook], featuring original stories, poetry, and songs composed for the event by five … Continue reading
First, this is something I’ve been meaning to talk more at length about all week: Raleigh journalist Zack Smith’s first published comic “The Stars Below” just hit digital shelves, with art by Portland artist Rich Ellis: Zack first showed this … Continue reading
Out just in time for Halloween, Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing has published Cemetery Plot, the debut novel by local writer, North Raleigh News columnist, and WUNC “The State of Things” director Alex Granados. I first met Alex through … Continue reading