June 9 (Thursday) 7 pm — Celebrate the publication of MIDNIGHT BOWLING with "reading, beers, and open lanes" at Village Lanes (330 N Hardee St, Durham) -- Midnight Bowling is Carolina Wren Press' 2016 release, "set against the backdrop of the Galaxy Bowling Lanes in Sandusky, Ohio, in the 1970s and '80s– a time when working-class America, and its favorite sport, was rolling into decline."
June 11 (Saturday) 4 pm — The Cary Commons Barnes & Noble hosts Rysa Walker for her "Timebound" series, as part of the B&N Teen BookFest; other local B&N stores are hosting additional local authors, so check your local B&N event listings!
July 24 (Sunday) 6 pm — 11th annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity screening of the Firefly film Serenity.
Support Bull Spec
[or Donate Bitcoins]
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Steeplejack, Return of Souls, Spells of Blood and Kin, and Pride’s Spell
- Paul Kincaid’s From the Other Side, May 2016: Baxter and Reynolds, Asher, MacLeod, McAuley, Rajaniemi, Cornell, Gaiman, and more
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Spear of Light, Infomocracy, and Like a Boss
- Friday Quick Updates: Animazement this weekend, Grady Hendrix next week, ConCarolinas next weekend, and tons of new events including “Harry Potter” midnight launch party info
- The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Runtime by S.B. Divya
Tag Archives: jay posey
The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Dawnbreaker, His Father’s Eyes, Waterborne Exile, and The End of All Things
Review of Dawnbreaker: Legends of the Duskwalker Book Three by Jay Posey (Angry Robot Books, August 4, 2015) This is the third volume of Cass and Wren’s story. This time they spend much of the story apart, so we have … Continue reading
Durham author Jay Posey has written stories for a living for a while now; Tom Clancy gets his name on the cover of the game box, though. Posey got his own cover treatment yesterday, however, as his debut novel, the … Continue reading