OmniJoy by Cerulean Submergence, a multipurpose Raspberry Pi powered robot controller and gamepad, funding on Kickstarter through Fri, February 2 2018 10:45 AM EST.
Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts Lyndsay Ely for her new young adult novel Gunslinger Girl, "a thrilling dystopian Western starring a teenage sharpshooter to rival Annie Oakley."
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Chapel Hill's Flyleaf Books hosts John Darnielle for the paperback release of his latest novel Universal Harvester. "Life in a small town takes a dark turn when mysterious footage begins appearing on VHS cassettes at the local Video Hut."
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:00pm -- Raleigh's Quail Ridge Books hosts John Kessel for his new novel Pride and Prometheus. "Pride and Prejudice meets Frankenstein in this NCSU English professor’s literary mash-up of the classics as Mary Bennet falls for Victor Frankenstein and befriends his monstrous creature."
- February Newsletter: Colson Whitehead, John Darnielle, John Kessel, the Playthrough Gaming Convention, and more
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 3 of 3: Beyond the Triangle
- The year in NC science fiction and fantasy, part 2 of 3: The Rest of What’s Best from the Triangle
- November newsletter: NC Comicon Bull City, Leigh Statham, Michele Tracy Berger and Nicole Givens Kurtz, Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower: The Opera, and more
- September newsletter: Scott Reintgen, Rebecca Gomez Farrell, Mur Lafferty, James Maxey, Natania Barron, Annalee Newitz, and more
Tag Archives: john scalzi
The Exploding Spaceship Reviews Dawnbreaker, His Father’s Eyes, Waterborne Exile, and The End of All Things
Review of Dawnbreaker: Legends of the Duskwalker Book Three by Jay Posey (Angry Robot Books, August 4, 2015) This is the third volume of Cass and Wren’s story. This time they spend much of the story apart, so we have … Continue reading
Friday Quick Updates, Thursday edition: A weekend of Swanwick ahead, but first: Noir at the Bar, Valerie Nieman, and award and crowdfunding news
Thursday, August 13, 2015: I really should have done this yesterday so as to include the John Scalzi reading at Quail Ridge Books, but if I had, the standing-room-only crowd as pictured by Monica Byrne may well have been out … Continue reading
John Scalzi is getting to be quite the regular visitor to the Triangle area on his book tours, as we’ve been fortunate enough to have him come to town on his The Human Division tour in 2013 and not one but two … Continue reading
Friday Quick Updates for Friday, May 24, 2013: Durham author Richard Dansky‘s new novel Vaporware is now out from JournalStone! Congrats, Rich. I’ve been re-posting a few of the blurbs and guest posts and interviews about the book over on … Continue reading